13.10.11

Post-Job Post

I dare not let October reach its second half without ranting about it. Soooooo, (one of the best things about blogging, I can exaggerate spelllliiiiings) I have already handed in my two weeks notice today. Least to say, morning in the office was awkward. Though there are a lot of things I hate about the working conditions and environment in our company, my resignation still saddens me a teensy-weensy bit. Anyway, I would have helped them improve and develop their system of doing stuff had they been nicer. The super bosses are actually kind and cool, albeit sometimes unreasonably strict. It's the immediate supervisors I could not and would never stand, hence the resignation. (But I don't like to dwell on these kinds of things as I have changed a lot lately and now prefer to always move forward--without looking back.)

October has been very busy--as well as September, actually--and that's fine with me. I like it when time flies fast. What isn't fine is the salary I get. I already don't spend much at this rate because all I do is work. All I'm ever at is the office and my parents' house and the money I get still doesn't get me by. And I'm not being maarte. Life's been really tough for everybody and I've chosen the wrong time for this job. Everything's just so expensive these days that I can't afford to get jobs I actually, really, ultimately like. I have to choose the job I somehow like that also actually, really, ultimately pays.

 Varekai paid fairly, paid better than most even, but at that time there was actually a job offer from another company that was willing to pay even more. I didn't choose to get that job because my conscience, body, and soul would not allow me to trade the Varekai experience for anything else. But I think this job that I have now is worth trading. It's time to trade the experience for something worth more bucks because that's what my immediate needs dictate. It's a sad, sad world, people, where economics is the foundation of everything. I just hope it works out for me.

I need a job. Anyone?

No comments: