28.12.11

2011: One Hard F*** Y***

Yes, 2011, FUCK YOU.


1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Had a one-night stand, pulled a fire alarm of a building (for the heck of it), danced my pride away (in Cubao X, a couple of times), went into a gay club and asked a girl to dance (for the heck of it), worked with the Wardrobe Dept, got published, smoked a joint in a public place

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? 
I do not remember having any resolutions. I haven't thought about that yet actually.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 
Yes. Even sort-of babysat one of them.

4. Did anyone close to you die? 
Yes. RIP.

5. What countries did you visit? 
I don't suppose kalawakan counts, so none.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? 
What I've always wanted: a best friend. That one true, constant companion who is not the boyfriend.

7. What date(s) from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 
I would say that the whole year has been tattooed on my forehead as the most eventful year ever but truth is, I'm bad with dates.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

SURVIVING. It was a tough, tough year for me.


9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to keep my mouth shut on that one big secret. (I was also bad with handling money, but telling the truth when I shouldn't be was I think the worst decision I made this year.)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? 
Fell down the stairs, bumped my left temple on the cab hard while drunk (still hurts), insensitivity, extreme cases of hangover, immaturity, an abnormal case of fatigue (or laziness, whatever),

11. What was the best thing you bought? 
The best suede boots in the world. I get to wear it everywhere. This completely sounds not like me--you know, obsessing over a pair of shoes, but style+practicality gets three thumbs-ups on my book. It was like custom-made for my lifestyle. I swear, okay?

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? 
Mine. Yes, I'm conceited like that. And that does not deserve merit. So I'm kind of contradicting myself here.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? 
Three of my best guy friends. Especially C I guess. But we're good now! Really.

14. Where did most of your money go? 
The high cost of living.



15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? 
Varekai, Bamboo's new album as a solo artist (I know, I know), Niño (inspite of all the challenges), Deftones' concert too, I guess.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011? 
You don't expect me to choose just one, do you? Paper Bag by Fiona Apple (for the summer), I'll Be Yours by Those Dancing Days (after summer), Do You Realize? by The Flaming Lips (that's the entire year on this one), Your Song by Ellie Goulding (sadder days), Moving Away by My Morning Jacket (obviously), that Fish Story song, Teenage Kicks by Nouvelle Vague, everything Zee Avi, and Pomplamoose and of course There's A Hole in My Pocket by J. Kap ft. Alec Roeser. Know what, I should make an entire post out of this question alone. Jeez.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: 

I. happier or sadder?
Both years had been tough. I had more happier days in 2010 I think. Yes, I think so. (It's hard to answer this one because everything just looks better in retrospect.)

II. thinner or fatter?
I was fattest on the first half of 2010, thinnest on the 2nd half of 2010 and first half of 2011? Oh, the skinny bitch.

III. richer or poorer?
Richer on most days. La vie boheme!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? 
Lying? HAHAHAHA. Seriously, I think I've done enough this year. More than enough. I actually wish I'd done less. But I think I should have traveled more.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? 
A-ha! Overthinking.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? 
n/a

21. Did you fall in love in 2011? 
Fall in and out of love over and over again.

22. How many one-night stands? 
One. Maybe the last in this lifetime? You never know.

23. What was your favourite TV program? 
Weeeeell, there are days when the line between real life and sitcom becomes blurry. Ha! I love Community and The Misfits. Starting on Breaking Bad too. But I had too many fun memories watching Gossip Girl with friends.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? 
Sadly, yes.

25. What was the best book you read? 
I can't remember the title. "Drawing a Blank," was it? Or something like that.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? 
I love Zee Avi, and Thao with the Get Down Stay Down, and Mates of State, and The Joy Formidable, and Architecture in Helsinki.


27. What did you want and get? 
I always get what I want, haven't you figured that out already? Kidding. A lot of things, to be fair. My oh my, I'm not one to count blessings, am I? Must learn to be more grateful. Now that one I think would make a great new year's resolution.

28. What did you want and not get? 
I wanted him (note the past tense) and did not get him (again, past tense.)

29. What did you not ask for but get? 
Issues. A big level up in Life Challenges' difficulty.

30. What was your favourite film of this year? 
Fish Story. Was it shown this year? Anyway, I saw it this year.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 
Turned twenty-three. Worked. Ate a lot. The day itself was mediocre but I didn't feel bored nor pressured. Was still celebrating it by drinking two months later.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? 
Had I kept things to myself. The only one thing I still regret.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? 
Laid-back--ergo, I don't have money to shed on clothes so I only wear the good and comfortable ones I have.

34. What kept you sane? 
Haven't thought about this till now. My siblings, maybe? I love them to bits. And venting online. This blog? Ha. Friends, sometimes.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? 
Jim Morrison always and forever. Yes, C says its weird to fancy a dead person. I've grown a huge crush with Adam Levine. I KNOOOW. I just realized it now. And that actor from The Misfits, his character's name is Nathan.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? 

EVERYTHING, of course. I still stand by my principles. Only the faces change, not the system. The case of human rights violations is appalling.


37. Who did you miss? 
A lot of people I was with during the summer. Like I said, my youth ended with the summer.


38. Who was the best new person you met?
 Sometimes I regret meeting him but at the same time we were really good friends and I couldn't have survived half the shit I was going through had it not been for him. Yes, the one-night stand guy. Although I realize now what a big mistake everything was. And if there's such thing as a wrong friendship, ours was it. On a lighter note, the production staff of Niño, I guess, and the people from Varekai. They. Are. Great.


39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011: 
Keep your mouth shut. And another important thing, I have a bright bourgeois hypocritical future ahead of me if I pursue the corporat shite but my principles just won't let me. And for now, I'm fine with that.


40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
 "And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun don' go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round" -Do You Realize?, The Flaming Lips



No comments: